Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Arsenal and Silva-Ware

couple of weeks back telling people that this really is the Spanish player we should buy, not David Villa. Although David Villa is an outstanding player, he is also a player we do not need. David Silva, on the other hand, would an absolute gem of a signing.

He’s only 22, and he can play anywhere across the midfield or supporting the striker. If we sold Hleb and replaced him with Nasri and Silva, then I honestly think I would faint!!! We’ve already signed Aaron Ramsey and we’re close to signing Samir Nasri, while none of our competitors have made any major signings. I’m hoping this could be the start of a busy summer for Arsene Wenger. I’m sure it won’t be, but you never know.

The only downside of the David Silva news, is that is stems from The Sun. Have they ever been right about anything?

We could be looking at three Silva’s in our squad next season; David, Gilberto and Eduardo de. I’m sure there is a great pun in there somewhere but I’m too tired to even try. How many “Every cloud has Silva lining” puns will there be if he signs? BTW: I know my pun was diabolical, but it’s all I had in the locker.

No comments: