Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Arsenal Recall Pedro Botelho For Pre-Season Training




Pedro Botelho has broken his silence on his switch to Arsenal, while also admitting he is still ‘left in the dark’ about where he will be playing his football next term. Pedro spoke to Salamanca daily “El Adelanto” and courtesy of our friends at Hala Union forums, we can bring you a transcript of what the Brazilian said.

He talked openly about subjects such as:

* Reports That He Wants To Leave Salamanca
* His Plans For Next Season
* His Tough Start At Salamanca & How Is Development Is Progressing
* The Long Bus Rides To Fixtures
* Returning To Arsenal For Pre-Season
* The Possibility Of Playing For A La Liga Club Next Season

The player affectionately nicknamed “Pedrinho” has currently ended his year long loan spell with UD Salamanca, and with claims in the Spanish press that he demanded to leave due to a lack of playing time, the 18 year old wanted to put the record straight.

“I do not know anything about this [laughs]” “I would like to continue here in Salamanca because I already know the city, the club, and I have developed some good companions”

“I do not have anything fixed for next year, I have to speak with my representative to see what is the best for me and for the Arsenal”.

“I am only 18 years old, and I do not want to have that to adapt to another country or another city right now”

Pedro went on to talk about the difficult season for him, and spoke about the hardship with having to break into a team which had already gelled in time for his arrival.

“When you have to debut in January, its very complicated. I have lost a lot of time, and i could only watch on as the team improved and became very compact. The boss gave all his confidence to the ones that they were doing it well, and that put me in a difficult situation.”

Slowly he managed to force his way into the team, putting in several impressive performances and endearing himself to the fans. The incredibly like-able youngster proclaims he is developing well in Spain, but there are some things he does not enjoy about life with Salamanca.

“I have learned a lot here, i learn every day. I have been playing barely two years [As a professional], I carry very little experience. But I am going to continue learning, I am very young. remember that I am only 18 years old!”

“I expected slightly more glamour and less hours travelling on the bus! [More laughing]. You believe that I have passed some time in my life, but 10 hours travelling in a bus?. Never. In Brazil we are poor, but these trips are done in an airoplane. [Cannot stop laughing].

After all the talk of Salamanca and his development, attention was quickly turned to life at Arsenal. Whilst being contracted to one of the biggest clubs in the world, the Brazilian could be forgiven for already thinking ahead to his return. But once more he keeps level headed about everything, and admits his learning process will be better served in Spain.

“I am going to remain one more year in Spain. Later I will begin to think about putting on the red and white shirt. Now I am going to spend three weeks in Brazil [With his family] and then I return to England. On July 7 I have to be in London for training and the on the 21st maybe I have to return to Salamanca. Who knows?”

The interview was concluded with him being asked if he will follow the route Carlos Vela took, and play next campaign in La Liga. Once more Pedro left the possibility open, refusing to rule anything out.

“Yes, sure that can happen [laughs]. They is many options open: to go to First, or to Second… I simply do not know!.

Salamanca fans have described his playing style as “individualistic”, as he has confidence in himself, and loves to take people on. At 188cm he breaks the mould of most giant players, because his best qualities are ball control, and electric speed.

No comments: